Scarring on the face can have a very large impact on a person’s self esteem. Whether the scars are from a previous trauma or skin cancer removal or previous acne, most scars can be improved. The goal in all cases is improvement, and multiple treatments are often necessary. I realize the psychological as well as physical impact that scars can have, and I want to help. There are many options available to improve the appearance of scars and treatment depends on the size, shape, and location of the scar. Discussion during a consultation will help determine the best choice for you.
What is important to realize about treatment of acne scarring is that this is a process. I adhere by my Graduated Approach method to target the areas of most concern to you. There is not one, single modality that works best, and often I use a combination of 2-4 treatments to give you the optimum improvement.
Some Options for Scar Improvement Include:
1. Topical silicone gel or sheeting
2. Kenalog injection (for hypertrophic scars or keloids)
3. Pulsed Dye Laser (for red/pink scars)
5. Scar excision or revision
6. Subcision or punch excision of acne scars
8. Topical bleaching creams
9. Radiofrequency Microneedling treatements (Penxel, Morpheus 8, etc)