Scarring on the face can have a very large impact on a person’s self esteem. Whether the scars are from a previous trauma or skin cancer removal or previous acne, most scars can be improved. The goal in all cases is improvement, and multiple treatments are often necessary. I realize the psychological as well as physical impact that scars can have, and I want to help. There are many options available to improve the appearance of scars and treatment depends on the size, shape, and location of the scar. Discussion during a consultation will help determine the best choice for you.
What is important to realize about treatment of acne scarring is that this is a process. I adhere by my Graduated Approach method to target the areas of most concern to you. There is not one, single modality that works best, and often I use a combination of 2-4 treatments to give you the optimum improvement.
Some options for scar improvement include
1. Topical silicone gel or sheeting
2. Kenalog injection (for hypertrophic scars or keloids)
3. Pulsed Dye Laser (for red/pink scars)
4. Resurfacing (Dermabrasion, Laser, Chemical Peel)
5. Scar excision or revision
6. Subcision or punch excision of acne scars
8. Topical bleaching creams