Dr. Jordan Rihani, MD FACS is a Fort Worth native, attended Texas A&M University before graduating from the New York University School of Medicine. His interest in facial plastic surgery led him back to Dallas to complete a residency in Head and Neck Surgery at UT Southwestern Medical Center. He elected to continue his education with fellowship training in Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery under Dr. E. Gaylon McCollough and Dr. Fred Fedok at the prestigious McCollough Plastic Surgery Institute in Gulf Shores, Alabama. He is Double Board Certified in both Otolaryngology-Head & Neck Surgery and Facial Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery.
Throughout his training, Dr. Rihani has been dedicated to improving quality of care of his patients and has been involved in numerous publications and book chapters in topics ranging from rhinoplasty to reconstruction of head and neck cancer defects. He maintains his commitment to education as a Clinical Assistant Professor at UT Southwestern Medical Center.
Dr. Jordan Rihani, MD FACS is a Double Board Certified Facial Plastic Surgeon who specializes in facial plastic and reconstructive surgery of the head and neck including rhinoplasty, facelift, eyelid lift, facial resurfacing, scar revision, otoplasty, lip and cheek augmentation, hair replacement, as well as performing injectable fillers and botox. He strives to deliver the latest advances and highest quality of care to his patients and is passionate about patients being active participants in their care.
“Aging should be a beautiful process,
not a problem.”
No matter how big or small you may think your problem is, we are going to work together on a solution
To think there is one simple solution for such a complex area as the face, would simply be not true. Each concern has many different ways of approaching a solution. Additionally, each concern is rated on a scale of severity. For example, small wrinkles that appear when frowning would have a different treatment than deep wrinkles that are present when your face is at rest. That is why I believe in a Graduated Approach to achieve the best solution.
I do not try to force one solution onto every patient. Depending on the issue at hand, the severity of the issue, the patient motivation, and expected goals, we come up with a best solution. My passion for education is at the forefront of this philosophy, wanting his patients to have all the information and to make educated decisions for their own health. This website is part of that commitment. I encourage you to look around and read about your concerns, the different treatment solutions, the blog posts, and my publications. If you have any other questions, please contact us for more information. I look forward to you joining the Facial Plastic Surgery Institute family!
Selected Peer Reviewed Articles
- Rihani J, Fedok FG, McCollough EG.Improvement of acne scars. In Facial Scars: Surgical Revision and Treatment. JR Thomas, DB Hom. In Publication.
- Fedok FG, Rihani J. “Management of the Middle Vault”. Endonasal Rhinoplasty. Textbook by Pietro Palma. In publication.
- Arnaoutakis D, Rihani J, Thornton J. “Comparison of Various Techniques in the Reconstruction of Mohs’ Chin Defects” American Journal of Cosmetic Surgery, December 2015 32: 258-263.
- Fedok FG, Rihani J. “Essential Grafting in the Traumatized Nose” Facial Plastic Surgery 2015; 31: 238-251.
- Cochran CS, Rottgers SA, Rihani J. “Recessed Dorsal Spreader Grafts in Rhinoplasty” Submitted for Publication 2014.
- Rihani J, Arnaoutakis D, Samocha Y, Leach J. “Comparison of Nasal Valve Suspension versus Alar Batten Grafts for Treatment of Internal Valve Collapse” Submitted for Publication, Currently under revision 2014.
- Rihani J, Kutz JW, Isaacson B. “Hearing Outcomes after Drainage of Petrous Apex Cholesterol Granuloma” Journal of Neurological Surgery Part B, Dec 2014.
- Smith J, Ducic Y, Blackwell K, Rihani J. “Mandibular Plating” Online publication for Emedicine 2014. http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/881542-overview#a1
- Cochran CS, Rihani J, Lee M, Rohrich RJ: Decreasing Nasal Tip Projection in Dallas Rhinoplasty: Nasal Surgery by the Masters, 3rd Edition. RJ Rohrich, WP Adams, J Ahmad (eds). CRC Press. Published March 4, 2014. 1706 pages. Print and e-book.
- Rihani J, Lee M, Lee T, Ducic Y. “Flap Selection and Functional Outcomes in Total Glossectomy with Laryngeal Preservation” Otolaryngol Head Neck Surgery. 2013 Oct; 149(4):547-553.
- Rihani J, Lee T, Ducic Y. “Secondary Onlay Free Flap Reconstruction of Glossectomy Defects Following Initial Successful Flap Restoration” Otolaryngol Head Neck Surgery. 2013 Aug; 149(2):232-4
- Rihani J, Myers L. “Glossectomy”, online publication for Emedicine. June 11, 2012. emedicine.medscape.com/article/1890823-overview
- Crozier E, Rihani J, Koral K, Cope-Yokoyama S, Rakheja D, Ulualp SO. “Embryonal Rhabdomyosarcoma of the Auricle in a Child” Pediatr Int. 2012 Dec; 54(6): 945-947
- Efune G, Perez CL, Tong L, Rihani J, Batra PS. “Paranasal sinus and skull base fibro-osseous lesions: when is biopsy indicated for diagnosis?” Int Forum Allergy Rhinol 2011 Dec 13
- Jacobson J, Rihani J, Lin K, Miller P, Roland JT. “Outcomes of Direct Facial-to-Hypoglossal Neurorrhaphy with Parotid Release” Skull Base 2011; 21: 7-12
- Morris L, Rihani J, Liebowitz R. “Chondromyxoid fibroma of sphenoid sinus with unusual calcifications: case report with literature review” Head Neck Pathol. 2009 Jun; 3(2): 169-73.